Monday, November 21, 2016

Silence the Northwoods

silencenorthwoods

About the Book

silencecoverprint
Title: Silence the Northwoods
Author: Auria Jourdain
Genre: Romantic Suspense
A broken family. An alcoholic mother. And an ex from hell.
Detroit FBI field agent Colton Ramsay didn’t think the holidays could get any worse after his dad’s death. His mom’s dying of cancer, and his college sweetheart just married his ex-roommate. To top it off, the Bureau assigns him a to serial murder at a ski hill in the Upper Peninsula–an ice-covered, no-man’s land where snowstorms are measured in feet. Burying himself in work,Colton curses his luck…until he interviews Kyra Erikkson, the manager of Silvercap Resort. Her chestnut curls and baby blues ignite a carnal need that he’d suppressed since the last conniving woman stole his heart. He refuses to let Kyra wiggle her way into his heart. But between her adorable son and her sexy, schoolmarmish ways, will Colton’s emotional wall finally crumble?
A secret past. A life on the run. And an ex from hell.
Kyra Erikkson and her five-year-old son have spent years hiding from her nightmare ex-husband. Sacrificing everything she loves to keep Jackson safe, Kyra settles in a small town in the Northwoods where life is quiet—until her friend is murdered. When handsome FBI agent Colton Ramsay shows up to investigate, his intrusive questions and brooding attraction both infuriate and arouse Kyra to no end. She tries to keep the man at a safe emotional distance, but as her friend Cat plays matchmaker and Colton’s bond with her son grows, Kyra is forced to make a decision that scares her more than her ex: Can she trust another man with her heart and soul after the last man nearly killed her?

Author Bio

History buff, Francophile, and hopeless romantic– the perfect mixture for writing romance! I have fond childhood memories of reading on quiet afternoons. I loved the “happily ever after” sweet teen romances, but I quickly plunged into the world of historical romance–my get-away-from-real-life transporter. Add in a degree in Political Studies with six years of French–twenty years later, I found a new career.
With three published works, I’m still trying to decide which sub-genre is my favorite. I started with historical romances, and two of the six, Pure of Heart and Pure Temptation, are now published. My first YA novel, Spirit of the Northwoods, was released in April of 2016 for my 17 year old autistic son during Autism Awareness month, hoping to spread familiarity about the daily struggles that an autistic person endures. Silence the Northwoods, the first book of my Romantic Suspense series, will be released on January 21, 2017. A spin-off of Spirit of the Northwoods, it has many of the same secondary characters, but it’s strictly for adults. I have a New Adult novel I’m working on for NaNaWriMo 2016, and I’d love to try my hand at a sweet romance YA series in the future.
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan with my husband of 21 years and my four children. I spend the long winters plotting and scheming my next book, and in the mild summers, my family and I spend every waking moment we can hiking and kayaking the Northwoods. Living fifteen miles from the shores of Lake Superior, my muse is often piqued by the awe-inspiring beauty that surrounds me. I live where I play, and I can’t imagine a more fitting place for me!

Links

Preorder:

No comments:

Post a Comment