SWINGING AT LOVE (SUTTONVILLE SENTINELS #2) BY KNADRA C. HIGHLEY BLOG TOUR – DIGITAL ASSETS
Link to Goodreads:
by Kendra C. Highley
Publication Date: March 13, 2017
Publisher: Entangled TEEN Crush
Outfielder Tristan Murrell has a problem. As the number two slugger for the Suttonville Sentinels, his team is counting on him to make their very first run at the state championship. But he has a secret—his swing has totally deserted him. As in, he can’t hit anything. He needs to fix the issue, and fast, but how?
Ballerina Alyssa Kaplan has a problem, too. The shiny new sports complex in town has left her family’s batting cage business on the verge of going under. Nailing her audition for a prestigious dance company is everything, but there’s no way she’s letting her some shiny big-box company destroy her family’s livelihood.
Tristan needs a miracle. So does Alyssa. And maybe, just maybe, Tristan’s secret weapon might be the girl of his dreams…
Disclaimer: This book contains hot, shirtless baseball players, kisses that bring a ballerina to her knees, and a lot of baseball smack-talk.
Kendra C. Highley lives in north Texas with her husband and two children. She also serves as staff to four self-important and high-powered cats. This, according to the cats, is her most important job. She believes in everyday magic, extraordinary love stories, and the restorative powers of dark chocolate.
OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES
Faith knows a thing or two about love, and what she had with her cheating jerk of an ex wasn’t it. When he starts spreading rumors about her being an Ice Queen, Faith decides it’s time to let a little bad into her life.
Lucky for her, Kyle Sawyer—dark, dangerous, totally swoonworthy Kyle Sawyer—is landscaping her backyard over Spring Break. Shirtless. And if she can convince him to play along, “dating” Kyle will silence the rumors.
But Faith’s plan threatens to expose Sawyer’s biggest secret of all…and that’s a risk he’s not willing to take.
Disclaimer: This book contains drop-the-book-and-fan-yourself kisses…and touches. Fall in love with a bad boy at your own risk.
- Who was your biggest inspiration to help determine your decision to become and author? I’ve always loved reading and books, so much so that I majored in literature in college. But it was really my mom who suggested I write books. After reading a short story I had to write for sophomore English in high school, she told me I needed to consider writing more. I didn’t follow that advice right away, but that thought stuck with me for years.
- What inspires you to write the type of books you write? I like to study human nature. I work with teenagers quite a bit (I have two of my own), and it’s such an exciting time of life. Everything is new and wonderful/terrible. As adults, we become less affected by things as we continue to experience more, but teens are going through all of it from a fresh point of view, and that makes for exciting literature.
- Have you ever considered writing in a different genre? I’m dabbling in New Adult now. Some people would say it’s not that much different from YA, but I’m finding it quite different. A twenty-one-year-old college student has a completely different set of experiences than a seventeen-year-old high school student. It broadens the field in some ways.
- Who are/is your favorite author(s)? Let’s see…Victoria Schwab, Leigh Bardugo, Rae Carson, Laini Taylor, Laurie Halse Anderson, Pierce Brown, Judy Blume, and Jane Austen.
- Signed copy of The Bad Boy Bargain, bookmarks, and a $25 Amazon Gift Card (US only)